Saturday, April 19, 2008

Could it have been Sam?

Received an NRA/ILA grassroots alerts at http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=3846.

Recently, Wal-Mart joined New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg at a gathering of Bloomberg’s anti-gun group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, to announce a series of changes to the way in which Wal-Mart handles firearm transactions.

At the press event, J.P. Suarez, chief compliance officer for Wal-Mart Stores Inc., said: “The costs are, we think, part of what it takes to be responsible.”

Suarez also added, “This is not a signal that we're getting out of firearms.”


Sounds to my military mind, like Wal-Mart doesn't think they do enuff to protect the public from evil guns.

Well, as a business, that is their prerogative...

But if they are so worried that "legal" purchases are going to wind up "illegal" guns, perhaps, they need to get out of the firearms dealing business.

Anyway, the only real firearms I have ever seen at Wal-Mart have been rifles, and not necessarily the big ones.

I myself have purchased four firearms, and not a one of them were purchased at Wal-Mart.

Actually, I prefer to make purchases at gun shops... helps me to know the crew working there, and enables me to ask the right questions. Plus, they are able to take care of any gun work I might need.

I still have not seen any gunsmiths in any Wal-Mart. And I have visited Wal-Mart in Colorado, South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and Mississippi.

Oh yeah, that "earthquake" the other day that affected Illinois, Missouri and Indiana... I just wonder if that wasn't Sam Walton turning over in his grave, as he sees what is happening to his project.
That's all I'm gonna say bout that!

No comments: