Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Retireder

For years I have used the statement: "I have been abnormal for so long, it has become normal; so, when I am normal, I am abnormal, and when I am abnormal I am normal."

So, this morning, the thought comes to my mind, what is normal based upon?

Some would say normal is a setting on a dryer (hair dryer?)

Philosophers down through the ages have tried to get a handle on what normal should mean.

And I guess that brings me to the thought: What should be a normal Presidential campaign?

Or any kind of political campaign for that matter.

Am I the only person who is tired of hearing about Obama/Clinton/McCain all the time?

Is that what electioneering has come to; that we hear the names so much, we get sick of it, and wish it would all go away?

I have disconnected the tv, and I don't listen to the radio, except for maybe Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingraham...yet, there, on top of it all are the three names again.

Just logging on to the internet, and viola, there it is.

So, why is there so much cognitive dissonance regarding campaigning?

For me, this crap started at the end of the last Presidential election.

I am concerned that when the time comes for one of the democratic runner-ups to be identified as the nomination, then all we are gonna hear is how the process was not fair, that somehow the winner cheated, and is not really qualified.

Heh, heh, heh, truth be known, none of the candidates that are running are really qualified to be President.

Why then, do they want the job?

Look at the pay... look at the power... look at the probability to make some drastic changes in the way we live in this great country.

Now you know why I am tired, retired, and tireder and retireder...

No comments: