Sunday, May 18, 2008

Electioneering

Am I to understand that "swiftboating" has become a part of our modern lexicon, meaning telling the truth about a presidential candidate?

How have we gotten to the point where telling the truth has become a personal attack on someone?

Oh, yeah, seems I had a moment of loss of lucidity!

I forgot that "truth" is no longer objective, but has become very subjective; and is now, whatever anyone wants it to be.

If I had a nickel for every time I have heard the comment, "There are no absolutes; there is no longer right and wrong, black and white. The world has become a vast grey!" I am certain I would be richer than Ted Kennedy.

As I go each day with my ear to the ground, I hear about how other gummints are better than the one we have. I will admit, the people we have in elected office today leave a lot to be desired; but our constitution, and the way our government was initially instituted, is still the best this ole world has ever come in contact with.

In a way, I am glad I am as old as I am. With any "luck" and by the grace of God Almighty, perhaps I will not be alive to see the downfall of this country; the greatest experiment in people living together, and governing themselves.

How sad, that America has come to the point that someone wanting to be elected president has to lie, and then condemn anyone who chooses to expose the lie(s).

Yeah, beam me up Scotty, there ain't no intellijunt life on this planet...

No comments: