Wednesday, April 9, 2008

speaking to myself

Don't know how much Reba's record got played on national radio, but I want to visit it for a moment.

"Once you've learned to be lonely,
and lonely is the only thing you've known,
it begins to feel like home,
it becomes your comfort zone.
Once you've learned to live without someone,
and settle for the silence of an empty room
Oh, it changes you
there's a lot you have to undo
once you've learned to be lonely."

I guess I first realized how easy it is to learn to be lonely, back when I was a kid.

Existentially speaking, it is possible to be alone in the middle of lotsa people.

Experientially speaking, it is real easy to be alone in the middle of lotsa people.

Is it bad to be lonely?

I have learned over the years, that I enjoy my own company.

Truth be told, I am the only one that understands me; the only one that I can talk with, without getting into trouble.

This does not mean that I cannot have any true friends, it just means I have to work a little harder at being a friend, and accepting others.

I know, in my heart of hearts, that I always have God Almighty, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit to keep me company; so, I guess, I am not really alone.

Not sure where I want to go with this post, just doing a little dialoguing with myself.

No comments: