Friday, April 11, 2008

I needed this, this morning...

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God.

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

When shall I come and appear before God?

My tears have been my food day and night, while they continually say to me, "Where is your God?"

When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me.

For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God.

With the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.

Why are you cast down, O my soul?

And why are you disquieted within me?

Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.

O my God, my soul is cast down within me; therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan, and from the heights of Hermon, from the Hill Mizar.

Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; all Your waves and billows have gone over me.

The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me-- a prayer to the God of my life.

I will say to God my Rock, "Why have You forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"

As with a breaking of my bones, my enemies reproach me all day long, "Where is your God?"

Why are you cast down, O my soul?And why are you disquieted within me?

Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.

Psalm 42, NKJV

No comments: