Thursday, November 20, 2008

Regrets?!?!

As I sit here, in front of my notebook, looking around the blogosphere, I see many articles memorializing the young Marines who have stepped up and stepped out to be a buffer for this country against terrorism, and ideologies that run counter to ours.

It ain't everybody that can be a Marine...if they could, it wouldn't be the Marine Corps.

Permit me an aside, right here.

When I was a counselor with the Marine Corps drug rehab unit, I was informed of something that I guess I knew intuitively, but I had not been aware of cognitively.

The secretary, one day at lunch was telling us about the plants in her office.

It seems that the Chief corpsman (medic to you non-naval service types) had been dumping left over blood into her pots.

And the plants were growing, and blooming like never before.

It has been said, that a nation only grows when it is nourished by the blood of its patriots.

The Bible tells us that the life is in the blood.

And the blood that has been being spilt around the globe by our patriotic youth, continues to give life to this great nation; in spite of the nefarious disease and parasites that we are infested with.

With that aside, aside, let me continue with the thought I began with.

Here I am, in my 60s, divorced, all my children are grown, and living their own lives, and I sit here wondering how can I contribute to the betterment of this great nation.

I could be wrong, but I keep thinking, how much different it would be, if a bunch of us retired military guys {non pc} that were sitting around wondering about life, were to be back on active duty, specifically for the purpose of being in the combat zone. Would we be enough to relieve some of these younger ones from the burden?

Would it make a difference?

You know, now that I think about it, how great would it be, if some of us older geezers could be over there, and have some leadership like Kerry or Murtha to be leading us on patrol.

Well, that b enuff for this line of thinking. My brain is starting to hurt.

No comments: