Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sometimes my mind does wander...

It would appear that summer is most likely over...

The past couple of days have been rain and 30 - 40 degree temperatures.

Latest word from the radio weather guessers is prolly some snow tonite or tomorrow, tho tomorrow's temp is sposed to be in the 40 - 50 range.

My thought was, hurray, the humiditty is gone, but then I realized, that rain is 100% humiditty...

Okay, so, there is a difference...specially when you realize that 89% humiditty and 95 degree temps spells humongous creature uncomfortableness, yeah, speaken for myself, here.

And so, life goes on, one season continues to follow another, and day continues to follow night, day after day, week after week, month after month, ad infinitum...

How interesting to wake up and realize, that next month I will be 63, and my baby, in another week will be 23...the old adage of failing to see the forest for the trees, seems to say something to me here.

Ah, well, just a little mind wandering to take a break from the cacophonous electioneering that has been banging on our sensibilities for the past eight, twelve years. Yeah, familiarity does breed contempt.

But, you know what?

Winter is again following autumn, and soon the spring rains and new life will begin sprouting, and we will again realize that our days are in God's hands.

It is the Almighty, who has created this world, created us, and all the creatures we are familiar with, and it is this same Creator God, that sustains this old creation day after day, week after week, month after month, ad infinitum.

I am reminded of the song that says:

There is peace in the midst of my storm tossed life;
There's an anchor, there's a rock to cast my faith upon...
Jesus rides in my vessel, so I'll feel no alarm,
He gives me peace in the midst of my storm.

Thank You Jesus, for the new life, and the blessing of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: