Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I think, therefore I am...

I just participated in a poll I found at Dr. Sanity the website that is "Shining a psychological spotlight on a few of the insanities of life".

The poll question is: "How concerned are you about the number of mammals that are on the endangered species list?"

The responses are: 5 - Very Concerned; 4; 3 - Somewhat Concerned; 2; and 1 - Not at all Concerned.

As with any poll, the question is ambigious enough to get whatever answer the poller is looking for.

For instance: I am very concerned about the number of mammals that are on the endangered species list because I think we have gone too far and the list is now being used to hammer property owners, and take away their property or fine them.

Secondly: I am very concerned about the number of mammals that are on the endangered species list because I think we have to be cognizant of every living creature that is on this earth, to ensure they last forever. Survival of the fittest be damned; we are the more intelligent breed, and it is our responsibility to make sure that every living critter has the opportunity to live as long as possible.

So, you see, either way, whatever my bias is, I can support my thesis by saying this many people agree with me, whether or not they actually do.

You see, it ain't the fault of the poller if you don't unnerstan the question!

No comments: