Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday nite feed

Brown 3 lbs of hamburger and drain off excess liquid.

Dice up 6 chicken thighs, fry in EVOO with Emeril's Essence.

Add 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can of diced green chiles (I spose you could replace with 1 can of ROTEL), 2 cans of V-8 juice, 1 bell pepper diced, one-half large red onion diced, and one can of water chestnuts diced to the browned hamburger.

After the chicken browns, add that to the mixture also.

Then run 1 lb of Andoullie sausage and two good sized Italian sausage links with 2 table spoons of Rosemary through food processor; then fry completely.

When the sausage mixture is browned, add to the hamburger/chicken mixture.

Stir well, and allow to simmer.

While mixture is simmering, place four cups of elbow macaroni in water laced with EVOO and salt.

When macaroni is done, drain and mix into the hamburger/chicken/sausage mixture.

Then spoon it out onto a plate or bowl, and enjoy.

I am surprised at how good it tastes.

Yeah, it is quite a bit for one person, but I also get to freeze part of it to heat and enjoy later.

I don't think this is anybody's recipe, but then, I don't know alot about recipes, and generally try to cook what I think I am hungry for. Yet, in all honesty, I do love southern cooking and look forward to Katherine's Smoky Mountain Cafe.

No comments: