Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ramble on

Forty-five years ago, I graduated from high school and joined the Marine Corps.

Sixteen years ago I retired from the US Naval Services.

Where has the time gone? What do you mean, time and tide wait for no man?

So, I am over sixty years old, and my military mind tells me I can't believe it. Seems like just yesterday I was thirty-something, and now I have grown children and grand-children.

Yeah, I'm way not as lean as I once was. When I look at my pictures from Vietnam I find it difficult that I was once 155 pounds.

I have joked many times that growing up I was always advised to expand my horizons, and now that my horizon has expanded, seems the doctors are telling me I have to lose weight.

That is an irritation, seems that everything I do or try is not good for me.

A few years ago, I walked into the base exchange, and there was a vendor at the entrance who was demonstrating juicers.

Well, it did look just like the food processor I owned, but I was informed it was a "juicer".

Then I was informed that the juicer was capable of saving my life.

Seems that juicing will add years to a person's life.

I asked the vendor to tell me when I was going to die.

I informed him that I had survived a head-on MVA at 80 mph; and had returned from thirteen months in Vietnam.

When he said he couldn't tell me when I was going to die, I asked him how he could guarantee that juicing would add years to my life.

I have written before that my paternal grandfather died at age 34 and my dad died at age 54. I am over 60; and I just really cannot believe that we can guesstimate when someone is gonna exit this world. It just cannot be done.

Well, I think I have rambled enuff for the time being...

It is Saturday, and methinks I should go and do something positive.

So, will chekk u later.

No comments: