Sunday, January 18, 2009

Movie review

Went to the cinema last night to see the movie, Gran Torino.

I was glad to see it was classic Clint Eastwood...irreverent, and non politically correct.

I am not sure what it says about me, but I could see my life in the life of Walt {Clint}.

I recall when I went to the same cinema to view the movie An American Carol, there was perhaps thirty other people there. Last night, there were literally no available seats, it was almost standing room only. Guess that speaks to Clint's prowess as an actor and a director. I think it also mentions what a lot of people here in fly-over country, middle America are hungering for in the way of entertainment.

There was no covert sexual scenes, there was no budding and blossoming romance: there was the pain of estrangement, the pain of living in this country we have developed since the founding fathers handed it down to us.

I thought the movie was very well done, you kinda get a sense of how it is gonna end, cause, to my military mind, the character you see on the screen is you.

In spite of Clint's irreverent portrayal of a middle class, middle America citizen the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ comes through in blazing color and technicolor.

I would highly recommend this movie to anyone...the only caveat being, if you are deeply entrenched in humanism, and political correctness, don't go, it will only bring on despondency and bitter outrage.

There is a little bit of blood shown, but to my way of thinking, this is a movie I would take my children to see.

Way to go, Clint!

No comments: