Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Good Word for today from Psalm 62: 5-8 (NASB).

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; my stronghold; i shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, o people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah.

I find it so difficult to wait in silence.

When something is not right, I usually want to let everyone know. I usually want someone to do something about it RIGHT NOW!

In this postmodern world we live in, we take very little notice of the spiritual part of our life. We lose track of that need within us to "Be still, and know that God is God".

Science, still has not been able to verify how this world came about. Science still cannot take all the various minerals, acids, and whatever, and put them together to create a living, breathing, cogitating person.

Yet, deep within each of us, is that imprint of the Creator, that reflects how we, and this world, came about.

If we cannot create another world like this one, how can we ever believe we are capable of destroying the one we are in?

Think about it for a moment...we have been testing nuclear/atomic weapons underground since the 1940s; and we have yet to destroy even the small parcel of land where we have been doing the testing.

Yes, perhaps there is more wisdom in today's Good Word, than we are generally willing to give credence.

No comments: