Thursday, June 11, 2009

Its 2009, parents do you know where your kids are?

Tuesday, while I spent an hour waiting in line at the local DMV, the man in front of me was talking with a woman who worked in the Auditor’s office; since they were standing within one foot of me, I was treated to their conversation.

At one point they got to talking about voting, she indicated that the most recent election had pretty nearly taxed her office in the area of absentee voting. She stated that the majority of absentee voters were RV’rs; and that the only requirement for registering to vote in this state is to spend one night. As they discussed this, they talked about there being a lot of RV parks in the area, and that one of the largest parks is in the county that had the largest number of absentee voters.

Now, for some time, I have wondered how it is that a conservative state like South Dakota can vote, so strongly, for some pretty damn liberal things. And I think I am beginning to see the light…

What ever happened to the requirement for being recognized as a citizen in good standing, of being in the place (city/state/county) for at least six months, changing driver’s license and vehicle registration, and establishing a domicile?

{Scratching the back of my head} Now, I think I begin to see why so many of the conservative, right-wing bloggers use the phrase “nuking futz”! The great philosopher of our time, Pogo, once commented that “We have seen the enemy, and he is us!” When are we going to wake up and realize that we have shot ourself in the foot, or stuck our sword in the dirt?

Add to this idiocy, that fact that a state supreme court recently informed the state they could not legally purge their voter rolls to eliminate dead people, and illegal voters, it is no wonder this country is going to hell in a hand basket!

Would I be redundant to say, I am so tired, even to the point of being retired? You know, how sweet it would be in the midst of all this screwin’ we’re gettin to maybe get kissed once in a while.

No comments: