Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Marine ain't happy less he's bitchin

I signed up with Sprint cell phone service in June 2000, and Sprint “Broadband” service in October 2007. To my military mind, that would indicate a loyal customer; I did not say, necessarily satisfied customer.

Sprint advertises their “Broadband” service as “hi-speed”; yet, here in Sioux Falls, it is dial up out of a tower in Minnesota. I have had numerous contacts with Sprint in the past six months regarding the slowness of the “Broadband” and its ability to drop calls in the process of trying to access the internet.

On Saturday, my computer was taken over by a Sprint update; there was no option to cancel, or relegate to a later time. The download took about an hour and a half to complete. Yeah, it screwed up my system, big time. On Sunday, the system was still screwed up so I called tech support, and spoke with a lady named Pamela, she walked me through a removal of the download, and then sent me an email to download a better update. She also promised to call me at 4:00 pm the next day. You guessed it, here it is Thursday morning, and I still haven’t heard from her.

On Tuesday, I sent her an email documenting what problems I was encountering due to the download; and I haven’t even received an email from her, nor any contact, at all.

So, lo and behold, on Tuesday, I start receiving these message windows that Sprint has a “PRL” download ready for me to process. Got another message this morning when I logged on. I spose it is possible that Pamela may be working behind the scenes to correct whatever has happened due to the download, but I don’t think she should be sending out downloads without at least letting me know it is coming, and how it is going to make a difference.

If this is the level of competence and loyalty we may expect from companies, these days, I can truly see why there is such an overpowering desire among the great unwashed to allow gummint to take over businesses…I can see it; but I can’t believe it.

I have thot in the past, about dropping Sprint broadband, however, I am not aware of any other company that provides just mobile broadband. Seems like everything, here, in this part of flyover country is oriented toward desktop computers and bundled with phone and cable tv service. That do make it difficult to be on the move, working from a laptop.

Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep;
Starts when you’re always afraid, step outta line the man come and take you away.

No comments: