Thursday, November 27, 2008

R U in an attitutde of gratitude or platitude?

Thanksgiving day...

As happens periodically, my birthday falls on Thanksgiving day, as it is this year.

Primarily, I give thanks to God Almighty for:

Creating and sustaining this world we live in;

Making me the person I am;

Watching over me through 63 years, including 29 years active duty, and 5 years as a pastor;

Giving me beautiful children, who have become strong contributing adults;

Providing for the internet where I can interact with so many wonderful people.

In the Marine Corps, we had a saying that God watches over drunks, idiots and Marines; I have been all three, and am truly grateful that God was watching over me.

There is nothing in this world that can compare with the change that comes over a person when Jesus Christ is allowed to come into their life, and heart, and clean house, repair the broken heart, and give strength to their legs to continue on. Thank You Jesus, for the privilege of having received new life.

I give thanks for my children, and their remarkable ability to stay on their feet.

No comments: