Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thinkin outloud

OK, so, the plot thickens...I thot I was having complications from an accident I had a coupla years ago, when I lost my rotator cuff. So, my regular doc scheduled a consult with the orthopedic people at the hospital; I saw them today.

First, they xrayed my shoulder four different angles. The doc looked at the pix and did some things with my arm and shoulder.

Said, he didn't think my problem was with the shoulder, itself, per se, but perhaps there was something else going on. So, back to xray for a coupla xrays of my neck. Doc looked at xrays and showed me where the vertebrae (or whatever the things are called) did not have the regular amount of clearance, and was perhaps pinching the nerve that would cause numbness in my entire arm and pain in my shoulder.

So, I am being processed for an MRI of my neck to give a clearer view of the situation, so doc can make a decision on what to do.

Well, I have always heard that bad things come in threes, so, perhaps now, I am done with receiving bad things for a while...you have to ask what three? Why my half a day in ER on Monday, now this possible spine problem, and the worst presidential election in my lifetime.

Come on Scotty, can't you at least beam me up? There ain't a lot of intelligent life on this planet.

No comments: