Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Time and Tide

Well, the "oldies" station in Minnesota plays this record quite a bit that has a guy trying to get in touch with a girl on the phone, but her mother will not let her on the phone.
 
He interjects with the words "And the operator says forty cents more for three more minutes".
 
How well I remember those days. Seems like you could not call anywhere without having to go through the operator and if you were on a pay phone, you better make sure you have enough quarters in your pocket.
 
I am afraid that my children have never had to work through that kind of a call, and I am doubly sure, none of my grand children will ever understand.
 
But, when I think about it, I never experienced having a neighbor holler over that you have a phone call.
 
Yes, time does roll on.

No comments: